The term ' RenewableUK' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Greencoat House, Francis Street, London, SW1P 1DH, UK. RenewableUK is registered in England, with the company registration number 1874667. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
For information regarding membership please refer to the RenewableUK Articles of Association.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by RenewableUK and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of RenewableUK. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, RenewableUK takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions of Registration and Membership
In these Terms and Conditions of Membership ‘the Company’ means RenewableUK and ‘the Client’ (which expressions shall include any principal on whose behalf the Client Application Form is signed) means the person, firm, company or organisation on whose behalf they are acting or purporting to act.
Membership of RenewableUK is activated on receipt of fee payment and full joining instructions issued to the client’s primary contact.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions, new applicants confirm that they are authorised to do so on behalf of their company. Membership Subscriptions are payable in sterling. The Company will issue an invoice for all applications. Payment Terms for new joiners are 30 days from date of applying or immediately if wanting to utilise member discount rates at a RenewableUK event. Payment by credit card will be surcharged (4%). Membership is continuous, until revoked in writing and acknowledged (3 months’ notice required). New members have a 15 day period in which to revoke membership and receive a full refund.
The membership year begins on January 1 and subscriptions are payable annually in advance. Members wishing to pay in instalments may have this facility granted to them, but should contact the office for terms and should note that this facility will incur a handling charge.
Companies joining mid-year will pay pro rata to the nearest month, up to the end of September. Any change in membership class to a category lower than the one presently held will only take effect three full months after receipt, and acknowledgement, of written notification.
Membership fees are revised annually and will be notified to members in writing. Subscription payments not received within one month of becoming due will result in the membership being considered lapsed and all services may be suspended pending payment. However, membership charges will continue to accrue, together with interest at 2% above base rate until resignation is received in writing, subject to (vi) above.
Companies joining from 1 October must pay for the remaining quarter and for the following year. Companies wishing to upgrade from 1 October must pay for the difference in fees for the whole year, not pro rata. No refund will be made on resignation for subscription payments received. Rates are exclusive of VAT, which is payable on all services directed to UK addresses. Payments for Applications from companies with non-EU mailing addresses may be subject to mailing cost surcharges. The Company will clearly state in related literature what the fees cover. The Client gives consent to the Company to carry out a credit search on the partners and directors of the organisation now or at a future date. The credit search will be recorded by the agency and may be disclosed to subsequent enquirers.
Corporate membership is intended for employees of the named member company. Parent or other related companies are expected to join in their own right if employees of those companies wish to receive member benefits. Company details, as provided by the member, are held on computer, and are published in printed lists and via the Internet. Applications placed with the company shall constitute a contract when the Client either signs the Order or confirms their acceptance by email. The Company may terminate this agreement at any time on giving reasonable notice to the client. Contracts between the Client and the Company shall be governed by English Law and the Client and the Company submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms and Conditions of membership, in addition to those contained in the Articles of Association, may be revised from time to time and will be notified to members in writing.
In the first instance all enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised June 2016.
Online discussion rules
Sometimes RenewableUK invites comments from members or the public via online forums, blogs, news items or through our social media channels. Comments will either be pre-moderated or post- moderated, depending on the channel, using the following discussion rules.
- Keep your comments relevant to the discussion topic.
- Do not submit defamatory comments (comments that are untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).
- Do not submit comments containing someone else’s copyright material.
Do not swear or use language that could offend other forum participants.
- Do not otherwise submit comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristic.
- Do not impersonate other forum members or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- Do not spam or flood the forum. Only submit a comment once. Do not resubmit the same, or similar, comments. Keep the number of comments you submit on a topic at a reasonable level. Multiple comments from the same individual, or a small number of individuals, may discourage others from contributing.