Through our 2016-2018 Strategy we will continue to be a leading enabler in the delivery of an expanding UK wind, wave and tidal sector free of fatalities, injuries and work related ill-health.
Our Health & Safety Strategy sets out:
- Our Mission - setting out our commitment to championing health & safety for the benefit of everyone in the wind, wave & tidal industry
- Our Priorities - which summarises the collective priority areas for the industry to support and take a lead on
- Our Positioning - outlining the strategic position or intervention options that would be supported in order to drive up health & safety standards
- Our Governance - clarifying the ownership and responsibilities for putting into effect the strategy
Our current priorities and work activity include;
- Leadership – Promoting sign up and commitment to our Wind & Marine Health & Safety Accord
- Health & Wellbeing - Recognising and promoting the increasing importance of health and wellbeing issues.
- Emergency Response - Working with government, regulators, emergency services and the offshore renewables industry to prepare for emergencies.
- Training - Endorsing training standards and enhancing health & safety awareness into skills and education programmes.
- Awards - Rewarding excellence and long-term improvement in health and safety performance
- Guidance & Standards - Providing information on technical, legal & policy matters, e.g. Wind Turbine Safety Rules
Certification & Auditing
All our certification and audit activity (incl. RUK & GWO Standards) are now managed by ReCert.