RenewableUK training standards enhance the basic skills and knowledge of anyone working in the renewable energy sector.
RenewableUK's Approved Training Providers are accredited to run courses that comply with both RenewableUK and GWO training standards and have met accreditation criteria. To become approved, training providers provide evidence including;
- Suitable management systems to ensure effective design, delivery and continued quality of training
- Training carried out so that health, safety and well-being of delegates, employees and where applicable third parties are maintained
- Suitable and effective systems in place to ensure training is to the highest quality, meets and exceeds requirements in the applicable standard and consolidates knowledge and skills into applicable competence assurance systems
- Sufficient numbers of suitably trained and competent personnel to enable effective delivery of the standard
- How the training will be delivered and assessed including how delegate and employee safety will be ensured
RenewableUK performs the following actions for initial approval and accreditation, and annual inspection of all current and applicant training providers:
- Safety inspection and observation of facilities and equipment to be used by the organisation for the delivery of the RenewableUK (and GWO) training standard
- Observation of the delivery of set theory sessions
- Observation of the delivery of set demonstration and practical exercise sessions
- Establishment of material evidence to support any documented evidence supplied by the organisation during the desktop audit phase of the approvals process
Approved Training Providers are eligible to be accredited to both RenewableUK and GWO requirements and are fully certified by our partner SGS (UK) Ltd.
Endorsed benchmark standards which incorporate the GWO requirements;