Maximising our members export opportunities
RenewableUK’s export strategy is to maximise our members opportunities to grow their business outside the UK market & to support Government in promoting the UK’s capabilities in the Wind and Marine Renewables Sector.
Small and Medium Wind
- Our members benefit from our Gazetteer which we published in 2013 and will updated regularly as new markets emerge.
- We publish statistics in our Small and Medium Wind Market report to promote the UK’s position as leading exporter of small and medium wind turbines. UK companies export into other European markets as well as the US, South America and Asia. Our work supporting manufacturers in the UK is detailed in our Small and Medium Wind Strategy.
Offshore Wind & Wave & Tidal
- We work with UKTI to promote business opportunities for our members in a number of European markets. For example we support members in gaining access to the French Offshore Wind and Tidal markets. Our 4th event in 2015 was attended by our members and the day involved presentations on the French Market opportunities, Panel Discussions & Business to Business meetings. The success of this event has led to proposals for the format to be rolled out to other European Countries.
- Beyond European markets, in the last three years we have represented UK industry objectives & capabilities at trade events in the USA, South Korea and China, whilst also hosting International delegations at our flagship events in the UK.
- We support the opportunities for UK supply chains to export via the GROW: Offshore Wind programme. RenewableUK is a partner in the programme and provides market intelligence on overseas projects.
- Our Sharefair programme of workshops promote business opportunities for supply chain in UK projects and overseas projects. Notably, developers and manufacturers have spoken about overseas opportunities for UK companies to participate in.
Across all sectors
- RenewableUK promotes UKTI trade missions and inward delegations to our membership of organisations active in onshore, offshore, wave & tidal renewables. We promote UKTI activities at our leading trade events such as Global Offshore Wind & Annual Conference. In addition, we participate in joint UKTI / RenewableUK pavilions at trade events and promotion of our export capability at international exhibitions.
- Our recently launched Supply Chain Map is a database of UK companies that operate in the UK and includes many that export to overseas markets.
- We will be attending EWEA Copenhagen 2015 & continue to work with OWIO supporting the UK capability at events organised by the European, American Trade Associations & other commercial events such as Wind Energy Hamburg.
- At our events we plan to introduce enhanced business to business services such as meet-the-buyer forums, 1-2-1 meetings with UKTI commercial officers and overseas advisors.
- We will continue to introduce our members to export opportunities such as trade-missions, inward delegations and advice offered by UKTI in an ongoing collaboration between ourselves, UKTI and our membership.