The RenewableUK training standards have been developed to enhance the basic skills and knowledge of anyone working in the renewable energy sector.
RenewableUK, in consultation with members and key stakeholders, has developed agreed industry training standards. The currently endorsed benchmark standards, which incorporate the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) requirements, are:
Working at Height and Rescue – Wind Turbines Standard (WAHR)
Marine Safety Training – Vessel Transit and Transfer Standard (MST)
Approved Training Providers
RenewableUK's Approved Training Providers are accredited to run courses that comply with either our WAHR or MST training standards and have met accreditation criteria.
To become approved, training providers must be able to demonstrate suitable evidence including:
- evidence of suitable management systems that ensure the effective design, delivery and continued quality of all training carried out
- that all training will be carried out in such a way that the health, safety and well-being of delegates, employees and where applicable third parties are maintained at all times
- that there are suitable and effective systems in place to ensure that all training provided is to the highest quality, meets and exceeds the requirements set out in the applicable standard and that the training is able to consolidate knowledge and skills into applicable competence assurance systems
- that there are sufficient numbers of suitably trained and competent personnel to enable the effective delivery of the training standard
- how the training will be delivered and assessed including specific information about how delegate and employee safety will be ensured at all times.
RenewableUK performs the following actions for initial approval and accreditation, and annual inspection of all current and applicant training providers:
- a safety inspection and observation of facilities and equipment to be used by the organisation for the delivery of the relevant RenewableUK training standard
- observation of the delivery of set theory sessions
- observation of the delivery of set demonstration and practical exercise sessions
- establishment of material evidence to support any documented evidence supplied by the organisation during the desktop audit phase of the approvals process.
All Approved Training Providers are eligible to be accredited to both RenewableUK and GWO requirements and are fully certified by our partner SGS (UK) Ltd.
Become an Approved Training Provider
For details of the approvals and accreditation system, including training provider applications and assessment criteria contact RenewableUK's Quality and Standards Officer.