Conference & Exhibition | NEC, Birmingham, UK | 5–7 November 2013
Highlights: 7 November 2013
Highlights from Day 3 of the annual conference and exhibition.
- On the final day of the conference, two new industry streams were welcomed to the event; an Aviation stream in conjunction with the CAA, and Electricity Networks & Systems Operation Stream which opened with a talk from KPMG LLP’s, Alistair Buchanan CBE.
- The exhibition on Day 3 was open to members of the public including dedicated sessions of interest to farmers, landowners and those seeking a career in renewable energy. Futurologist Mark Stevenson opened the Public Day with a talk about the future of energy.
- The Careers Fair also opened its doors on Day 3 as delegates met with nearly 40 industry employers, training providers, recruitment specialists and academic & professional institutions.
- View some of the video highlights of the conference on our YouTube channel.
Highlights: 6 November 2013
- Andrew Jamieson, Chairman of RenewableUK, opened the second day of proceedings at the annual conference by welcoming Julie Elliot MP, Shadow Minister for Energy and Climate Change, who stated that: Long-term sustainable economic growth is built on innovation, green jobs and a low carbon economy.
- RenewableUK published its annual report at the conference,Wind Energy in the UK. The report highlights another record breaking year of growth for UK wind energy.
- The Gala Dinner rounded up the end of Day 2, with delegates making their way to Coventry Cathedral for an evening of networking and entertainment from comedian Alistair McGowan.
- View some of the video highlights from Day 2, or watch them all on our YouTube channel.
Highlights: 5 November 2013
- Maria McCaffery – Chief Executive of RenewableUK officially opened the premier renewable energy conference of the year welcoming all delegates and visitors to three days of valuable business opportunities, networking and information gathering.
- Later during the day, the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change – Rt Hon Edward Davey MP addressed a packed room of over 600 delegates at the RenewableUK Annual Conference. He spoke warmly of the fact that the UK is the world leader in offshore wind generation and he announced four offshore wind projects which will receive a share of £2.5 million of investment by government to develop technologies which will continue to drive down the cost of offshore wind energy. Watch his keynote speech on our YouTube channel.
- Mr Davey described the renewable energy sector which supports 35,000 green collar jobs as; ”crucial to green growth and energy security”. There were also very interesting breakout groups one being on Global Offshore Wind where a select few companies and professional bodies gathered to discuss the optimum outcome for the next conference. The focus being on generating business opportunities mixed with valuable new industry knowledge.
- The first day successfully concluded with delegates heading to the Conference Reception taking place at the National Motorcycle Museum.
- View some of the video highlights from Day 1 of the conference or view some images taken at the conference on our Flickr site.
21 August 2014
21 August 2014
5 August 2014
14 November 2013
28 October 2013
18 October 2013
10 October 2013
4 October 2013