Global Offshore Wind 2014
Connect with the Leading Offshore Wind Market
This year, RenewableUK presented a truly global event – the association's 13th annual offshore wind energy conference and exhibition. Showcasing world-class developments and invaluable knowledge, Global Offshore Wind 2014 took place over two days, 11-12 June, in the city of Glasgow.
World-class conference sessions
- UK Share Fair: Delegates heard from Siemens, Mainstream Renewable Power, REspol Nuevas and DONG Energy about their future offshore wind development opportunities.
- Three top political keynote addressed the audience: Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Fergus Ewing MSP and Tom Greatrex MP.
- Debate Beyond 2020: Offshore Wind in a Competitive Market: We heard views from high level industry representatives.
- EU Market Updates: A whistle-stop tour of important EU markets for offshore wind was presented
- 200 companies including A2Sea, Alstom, DONG Energy, Fred. Olsen, Gamesa, Humber Renewables, MPI Offshore, Seajacks, Siemens took part in the Exhibition
- UK Trade & Investment International Business Exchange: Delegates had the chance to meet one-to-one with UKTI Energy Specialists from international markets.
Industry Side Events
- Health & Safety Environment: Best Practice Case Studies and Industry Update: Practical case studies and updates on relevant H&S projects and consultations.
- Opportunity to Visit Energy Park Fife: The Invest in Fife team offered a unique opportunity for Conference Delegates to visit Energy Park Fife and the Fife Renewables Innovation Centre.
- Building Standards for Blade Repair (BRAI)This session looked at the Renewables Training Network’s drive to support and provide a standardised approach to training
- Indian Offshore Wind: This event introduced the potential for OSW in India and allowed attendees to explore opportunities for UK-India commercial partnerships within India’s emerging market.
- DNV GL Project FORCE Lunch and Launch Party: DNV GL’s Project FORCE revealed how integrated design solutions result in COE reduction of over 10%.
- Renewable Offshore Aviation Operations Workshop: Risk and Opportunities for Offshore Renewables
- Offshore Wind Market: Investment & Trade Opportunities Workshop: Presentations and networking on trade & investment opportunities in the UK and globally.
26 August 2015
12 June 2015
Five diverse new side events from UKTI, ORE Catapult and The Crown Estate at Global Offshore Wind 2015
10 June 2015
14 April 2015
22 January 2015